First make sure you are registered with either a Free Trial or Subscription
There are four ways you can send tracked emails:
- Gmail/Google App: Add our free Workspace App to your email compose page (works on your phone and your browser). Just click our new icon before sending!
- HotMail/Outlook App: Add our free OfficeJS App to your email compose page (works on your phone, your browser, and inside your Outlook program). Just click our new icon before sending!
- Manually: Compose your email as usual in your own email program --> type: .readnotify.biz on the end of your recipients email address (they won't see this) eg; firstname.lastname@example.org --> send the email.
- Automatically: Paid subscribers can install our optional ActiveTracker app which adds the tracking automatically as you send your emails.
Testing? Don't send tracked emails to yourself! They likely won't track (ReadNotify provides tracking for your outgoing emails) and they might even end up in your junk folder because your filters thought they were 'spoofed'. So, send your tests to someone who does not use the same computer as you.
What happens next?
Once you have sent a tracked email you can log in to your ReadNotify account to see the status of it. You will also receive a ReadNotification via email when your tracked email (or document) has been opened.
ReadNotify will endeavour to provide the following in your tracking reports:
All messages sent via ReadNotify benefit from our SPF compliant and
Sender-ID compliant mail
servers. This confirms safe transmission of your messages, and also enables us to report delivery
status to you (including: bounce-backs, delays and success
notifications). Delivery information is listed in your Personal Tracking Page.
- Complete delivery details
- Date and time opened
- Approximate geographic location of recipient
- Map of location (available on paid subscriptions)
- Recipients IP address
- Referrer details (ie; if accessed via web email account etc)
- URL clicks
- How long the email was read for
- How many times your email was opened
- If your email was opened on a different computer (such as forwarded)
Try hovering your mouse over the sections in our Live Sample Receipt for more information.
Note: ReadNotify.biz does not use or contain any spy ware,
nor virues, it is not illegal to use, and does not breach any privacy
regulations in any countries.
What else does ReadNotify do?
There are lots of great features available to you - these include the following sending options:
For more details regarding sending options, please see our: FAQ's
- Certified email
- Ensured-Receipts and retractable emails
- Invisible tracking
- Self-Destructing emails
- Block printing
- Adobe Acrobat PDF Document Tracking
- Track MS Word or Excel documents
You can also choose how to receive your receipts:
These options are available to you from "My Account" in Member Utilities.
- In your Personal Tracking Page (when you log in)
- Email ReadNotifications
- Legal Proof-of-Opening receipts
- Delivery Service Notifications (DSN's)
- SMS alert on your cell-phone or pager
- Instant Messenger
ReadNotify offers a lot of features and sending options, but it is very easy to use our service. On start up, your account is already configured per our 'Recommended' tracking defaults - and we will automatically send you email ReadNotifications when your tracked emails are opened.
If you'd like to take us for a 'test drive', please sign up for no-obligation free trial from the ReadNotify.biz Homepage